Following last week’s slight meltdown I think things are gradually improving. The job situation remains a stalemate (current job still crap, other jobs still not forthcoming) but I am trying to re-frame my outlook and get practical about things.
- I made a big list of practical projects to get on with while at work this week and have been working my way through. That’s been keeping me occupied and, if I get to the end of it, may open some doors just a chink in terms of opportunities.
- I still believe that, as long as I am doing what I love, and taking a broader interest in the things I have to do, then income and eventually affluence will follow in due course.
- I really don’t like doing these kinds of jobs anyway so I know I shouldn’t be so crestfallen about the dearth of new ones. Maybe it’ll force me into identifying my true passions and how to make a living from them in a more concrete way, which will be better all round.
- Maybe, just maybe, there’s a bigger (as yet unknown) reason why a new job is not forthcoming, i.e. that getting a new job would have turned out to be a massive waste of time anyway because I got to do something amazing for a living instead. There’s always hope.
- I never give up hope that things can change. I can change, my attitude can change, the way I present myself can change, and my strategies can change. There will always be a plethora of alternate outcomes to me staying in this job until it kills me.
There. Positivity refound. Kind of.