Besides Health, Music and Languages, I have three other smaller categories of goals I’d like to complete in 2013:
(D) Home and Finances
1) Pay off our remaining credit card debt (May/June is the target)
if I meet this before May/June I get to keep my pay-checks for those months so that’s my incentive to save more earlier in the year!
2) Save £4620 (contribution towards 3-year plan!)
Target is £770 a month, if I make it then I get to keep my December bonus!
3) Keep an immaculate and inspiring home
Target is to perform 10 cleaning tasks each day, at least 4 days a week (but hopefully daily)
While I like to remain optimistic that I’ll be able to achieve all my goals simultaneously, I know in practice there’ll be times when I have to prioritise, so these categories go roughly in order or priority (particularly time-wise, and although budget doesn’t require that much time, there could be a possibility that if it costs more to produce the album, for example, I might not quite make my savings target and things like that). The remaining things on the list are things I would like to be doing on a regular basis, but they need to be scheduled around health, music and languages, to an extent.
1) Make all my birthday and Christmas cards for next year
Target: make at least one card a week
2) Make a scrapbook of life through the year – I’m getting really into scrapbooking and it’s my favourite hobby at the moment!
Target: make one scrapbook page a week
3) Monthly sewing project!
4) More baking/cooking – aim to try 12 new recipes
1) Maintain friendships – see regular friends regularly and manage schedule to make this work. See non-regular friends whenever the opportunity arises!
2) Prepare one item of post a week (this is designed to ensure that I reply to my letters in good time!)
3) Buy one present a week – it doesn’t have to be anything big but make sure to have birthday and Christmas presents arranged in advance and buy things when inspiration hits (this helps to spread the budget too). With all the birthdays and babies this happened almost every week in the last quarter of 2012 so try to keep the momentum!
4) Monthly day trip with the husband to somewhere new, nice or both.
Miscellaneous Potential Extra Goals:
These are just ideas at the moment – a collection of the things most likely to get shelved but nevertheless just about on the table:
5) Play a gig!
6) Give a performance!
8) sit one of the kanji tests
9) Start working on CH vocab before the end of the year
10) French language exchange – conversation (K at work)?
4) Buy a car
5) Have a 2-week holiday with B