Here are goals for February!
A2) Weigh 140 – I can only really commit to the things I’m going to do towards this goal, the actual numbers depend on too many things beyond my control but the following milestones are in my sights at the moment:
- A loss of 6lb to at least beat January’s weight-loss
- A loss of 8lb to get me to LWY by my birthday, also this will be 5% of my body weight loss for the year so far.
- A loss of 10lb to be on track for goal-weight by the end of this year, and also to get into the next decade down
- Anything over that and I’ll be making up lost ground.
A4) Tackle one eating habit per month – February’s habit is to eat as little as emotionally possible – this is getting a post of its own very soon!
B1) Combined practice target of 720-730 hours or more (15h/week on average) – I want to keep up with the hours as well as achieve noticeable progress on my songs:
- Learn to play, fluently, pretty much all of the songs I have already queued
- Finish writing at least one more song
- Have more stuff recorded and uploaded – at the moment I have about 4 backing tracks recorded and no vocals. Aim to have much more than this done by the end of Feb and some stuff edited and ready to upload
- Continue to work on my vocal range, strength and breathing
- Try out a load more new songs
- Piano: work with focus lists of pieces (short/long), technical stuff, and pick a new piece to learn
C1) Read at least one book each in Japanese, French and German – target pages are the same
C5) Improve spoken Japanese (keigo): target 24 sessions, 2 sessions a month – I’m kind of changing this one up as someone has found me a great source of Japanese dramas to watch, so I’ll do that for extra practice for now!
C9) Read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in Russian – continue with a page a day on work days, hopefully working up to 2 pages/day by the end of the month
D1) Pay off our remaining debt – should be a good month for this. We have (hypothetical) payrises kicking in, a month off some of our bills, I’ve been saving like crazy and whatever happens we will be down to our last card balance by the end of Feb. I hope to get caught up and be at least 40% done with this goal.
E3) Monthly sewing project – I need to pick something to make for a friend’s birthday
E4) Try 12 new recipes
F4) Monthly day-trip with B – if not a day-trip then we’re going to try and have some deliberate dates, even if it’s just a special dinner at the dining table and a new movie at home.
The following goals are not really relevant at the moment:
C6) Improve written German – Postcard exchange
D2) Save £4620
Specific Goals for February:
- Research Visa Applications – we will be doing this by the end of the year and this is the time to get read up on the requirements
- Stay on track with weekly targets – because if I don’t make it a goal I’ll fall behind!
- Calligraphy – carried forward from January