Today’s curriculum was a little fuller than yesterday’s! Possible reasons for the boost in motovation:
* I had tonnes of sleep yesterday and got caught up (also knowing that it’s not so fun and worries me) – sometimes I just need this though. I noticed that I was wanting to sleep roughly one hour in three, maybe that’s just a pattern I can learn to live with when I have the chance and not something to worry about
* it was sunny today! Yesterday was grey and moody
* I lost weight this morning and that, above everything, gives me hope that it’s worth working for the life I want.
So what did I do? Working in roughly 20min sections:
* read an article in Foreign Affairs – we both had some quiet reading time after waking up so took advantage of that and then got into my novel a bit too
* 20min of accounting course revision over coffee (the ultimate bribe, after ice cream!)
* read some more French articles (30min, am finding this SO interesting especially now I have someone to discuss it with!)
* we went for a 2 1/4 hour walk to my favourite local park – I love going there but the route we had before took us through a depressing part of town and along a main road that was hot and uninteresting, but today I found a new route along the back roads that meander along by a stream, linking up four other paths along the way – it was heavenly! How I’ve managed to miss this all along, I’m not sure. Anyway, it was great, as you can see. We were pretty exhausted though, having had virtually no exercise for almost a week.
* knocked up a quick curry when we got back
* did some minor cleaning repairs to the washing machine, and a load of old filing and shredding (about six months’ worth)
* cut up the next week’s scrapbook photos and printed last week’s
* did an hour and a half of music, including some warmups which I haven’t done for ages
* and a half-hour of piano
* started the earrings
* finished week 35 scrapbook